- Determine what kind of plug you need. (4prong or 3prong, occasionally a 3prong stove plug is required.) Make sure the dryer is UNPLUGGED before starting the next process. Most 3 prong plugs the center wire is going to be your neutral. The neutral must be mounted the the center screw/nut. The two outside must be attached to the respected two outside ones. 4 prong the white is your neutral. Red and black are your hots. The neutral goes to the center. The red and black go to the outside. The green is the ground and is attached to the separate ground screw or can be attached to the white neutral. Make sure all screws holding in the plug are firmly in place allowing no wiggle room on the plug. If they are loose it could prematurely kill your dryer. Make sure plug screw and nuts are covered.
(Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any injuries/personal property harm that may occur from using this install sheet.)
- Plug in dryer and make sure it turns on.
- Once the dryer is running turn it back off. Now attach your vent hose from the back of your dryer to the wall.
- Restart your dryer once the vent hose is in place. Go immediately outside and locate your dryer vent exhaust. Make sure you have proper exhaust/ventilation. If it is not blowing strong there could be blockage in your vent hose. We recommend that you run your first load with vent hose unattached.
- If after installing vent hose and the dryer isn’t drying properly call a professional to clear out your vent hose blockage.
- Slide dryer into place and level accordingly.